- You lose what you don’t defend.
- Principles count.
- Actions matter.
- And have rippling consequences.
- Life is not Facebook where you can “delete a page”.
Liberalism is not Liberty, though apparently one of the cornerstones on which it was founded (as per Wikipedia definition: Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property).
- Note it does not include the liberty to take someone else’s life. Read my first 5 points.
If this sick cycle of violence does not stop, I can see it lead to another Crusade – but this time with far worse consequences, due to the power inherent in today’s weaponry and its availability. A beheading done by a knife has consequences that ripple far beyond knives. Imagine the ripple effect of bombs, God forbid eventually atomic bombs.
Let’s not go back and say “the other side started this”.
Seize the moment between action and re-action- to stop the cycle of violence. However, if one side will not participate then go back to my first 5 points and ask yourself these few questions:
- Will you negotiate with terrorists? (Some countries do. And it doesn’t stop terrorism).
- Will you negotiate/pay ransom to terrorists? (Obama says US families / loved ones can now do it).
- Will you sit silently by and see terrorism happen? (Todd Beamer and others died on September 11, 2001 trying to reclaim control of UA Flight 93 by attacking the hijacking terrorists who then crashed the plane into a field near Shanksville – it’s suspected target? The White House or the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington D.C.)